SEO techniques and Strategies that GET YOUR SITE ON PAGE 1 OF GOOGLE
“Googling” a website has become the quickest and easiest way to find a business we know, or more importantly one we don’t know when we are looking to buy a product or service. This is where SEO plays an important role for your website to be found in Google and other major search engines.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation which is a technique where we research the key phrases that potential customers will type into google to find your services. For example, if you live or work in Sydney and you need a website built you may type into google key phrases like; website design Sydney, Sydney web designer, web design Sydney or Sydney website design.
In simpler terms, Search Engine Optimisation is a way to improve your website so that it will appear closer to the top positions in Google search results.
Many SEO companies promise they will get your website on the first page for a particular keyword. This is a lie, nobody can guarantee rankings on the first page. Googles search algorithm is deeply complex and constantly evolving to give its users the most accurate, up to date and meaningful information. Those that give such guarantees will take your money and start to spam your site with fake traffic.
Website SEO is a long-term investment that keeps paying you back as long as you maintain it. Your competitors will be constantly making changes and updates to their website to improve rankings, but with minimal monthly maintenance like blogging in the latest news or projects section, you will typically maintain your position in search results.
If you have developed a new website, it generally takes 3-4 weeks to start appearing in search results and will usually improve as the site generates more traffic.
Some tips to help improve your website SEO
- Provide clear and engaging content on your pages with a minimum of 300 words
- Use relevant keywords in headings to help users find the information they searched for
- Share your website on social media, this is a quick way to get traffic on a new website
- List your business with Google MyBusiness this will put you on the map, literally!
- Post fresh content that is relevant to your business through the latest news or projects page
Things to avoid
- Copying content from other websites even if it’s a supplier, your content should be unique
- Linking to other websites for further information
- Registering multiple domains and pointing it to the same website
- Participating in link building schemes or pay for back links
- Never buy SEO services from the “offers” you receive on emails
You can leave it to the experts!
MAD Socials expert Local SEO consultants can give you a call to discuss which competitors you want to rank above, and what you want your website to appear for when someone “Googles you”.